Announcing Keynote Speakers and Breakout Sessions for Upcoming Rural Equity Summit
November 17, 2021- The Minnesota Welcoming Communities Project announces keynote speakers and breakout sessions for the upcoming 2021 Rural Equity Summit: Celebrating the Power of Collective Change in Rural Communities!
This year’s Rural Equity Summit, being held on November 30 and December 1 from 7:30am to 1pm, was designed to have something for everyone who wants to expand their knowledge and understanding of Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion throughout rural Minnesota.
Be inspired by stories of collaboration featuring keynote speakers:
• Project Well-Being - Facing Social Determinants Of Health Together | BCBS of MN, Mankato Clinic, WellShare International
• Experiential Art | April Malphurs, Art Instructor
• Fostering Shared Economic Prosperity In Rural United States | Andrew Dumont, Senior Community Development Analyst, Board of Governors of the Federal Reserve System
• Celebrating The Power Of Collective Change | Neil Linscheid and Scott Chazdon, University of Minnesota Extension
Choose from a variety of engaging and interactive breakout sessions featuring:
• Through the Eyes of Asian Americans Living in Rural MN | Benya Krause & Anisha Zak of Lead for America
• Project Well-Being - Together We Thrive | BCBS of MN, Mankato Clinic, WellShare International
• Diversity in Latinx Communities | Lourdes Menjivar of COPAL
• TRUE Tuesday Update | Bernadine Joselyn of the Blandin Foundation & Pablo Obregon of SWIF
• Building Partnerships to Transform Healthcare from the Inside Out | Delali Degbey and Maria Regan-Gonzalez of BCBS of MN
• The Community Reinvestment Act 101 | Molly Majerle and Michael Grover of the Federal Reserve Bank of Minneapolis
• Understanding Relationships with Sovereign Nations in Minnesota: History Deep Dive | Fawn Sampson
• COPAL & Partnerships Lobbying to Help the Latinx Community & Essential Workers | Francisco Segovia of COPAL
• How the Welcoming Communities Project is Making Change in Rural Southern MN Communities | Jocelyn Swanson & Julie Hawker
• Toward Culturally Enriched Communities - Introspection in the post-covid/post-protests era | Tasoulla Hadjiyanni
• Education + Workforce = Strong Economy: A look at Greater Minnesota | Vanessa Palmer & Beth Commers
• sPark Mobile Art Studio - Bringing Art to the Children | April Mulphers (Artist) & Tami Skinner (St. Peter Community Education)
• Minnesota Council of Churches - Refugee Services, Mankato: Collaboration Efforts & Success Stories in MN | Habib Rashid and Mohamed Ibrahim of MN Council of Churches Refugee Services - Mankato, and Audra Nissen Boyer, Community Education Director Mankato Area Public Schools
• Minnesota Compass Contributes to Minnesota's Shared Well-being | Justin Hollis, Wilder Research Scientist
• Panel on the Emerging Farmers Working Group
• Diversity in Education | Kuma Takamura, GMDC
• Developing an Age Friendly Community in Rural MN | Betty Christiansen of MNRAAA
• IDI & Other Assessment Tools available to Rural Communities | Toby Spanier (UMN Extension)
The attached document provides a complete schedule with an overview describing each event in the upcoming 2021 Rural Equity Summit.
The summit will be held virtually on November 30 and December 1, from 7:30am to 1pm. Reserve your seat at https://stpeter.epaytrak.com or call (507) 934-3048 ext. 1. Scholarship opportunities, Continuing Education Credits (CEUs), and interpreter services are available.
Contact MnWelcomingCommunities@gmail.com to learn more.
The 2021 Rural Equity Summit, in strong partnership with the University of Minnesota Extension, Greater Mankato Diversity Council, and Saint Peter Public Schools, is made possible by Blue Cross Blue Shield Minnesota, United Way of Brown County, Blue Cross Blue Shield of Minnesota Foundation, Mankato Area Foundation, Blandin Foundation, Southern Minnesota Initiative Foundation, Pioneer Bank, Lloyd Management, Inc., and the American Lung Association.