JOB TITLE: Executive Director, United Way of the Brown County Area
TITLE OF IMMEDIATE SUPERVISOR: United Way of the Brown County Area Board of Directors
The Executive Director (ED) is a mission-driven, collaborative and innovative leader, serving as the brand ambassador and champion for the United Way of the Brown County Area (UWBCA). Connecting with donors, individuals, associations, agency partners, and businesses is a key driver for success. The ED leverages the power of relationships and networks, working across private, public, and corporate sectors to improve conditions in the community. The ED possesses broad business skills, financial acumen, and strategic planning experience. As chief spokesperson, the ED ensures that the UWBCA is consistently presented as a positive, collaborative community partner.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Commitment to United Way’s mission and values, including the ability to build relationships with businesses, individuals, nonprofits, and other organizations.
- Lead the development, implementation and execution of the annual campaign, in partnership with the Board of Directors and committees.
- Serve as the primary resource and support to the Board of Directors, while providing input in policy formulation and interpretation.
- Serve as the face of the organization, engaging in regular public speaking events and community outreach to increase the visibility of the organization.
- Responsible for the overall impact of UWBCA in the community, with an emphasis on increasing its capacity.
- Provide primary leadership as the staff liaison with all funded partner agencies.
- Provide strategic and long-term visioning for community investments consistent with the direction set in partnership with the Board of Directors.
- Measures the community impact of UWBCA programs and its program partners and successfully relays information to the community.
- Oversee donor-centered fundraising planning and implementation, including developing innovative future strategies, researching funding sources, and overseeing fundraising records and documentation.
- Develop relationships with foundations; write and submit grants; provide reports to grantors.
- Grow campaign goals year over year, fundraising successfully within the traditional campaign, and utilizing newer development methods and opportunities to increase giving.
- Maintain and foster relationships with current individual and corporate donors.
- Identify, cultivate, and solicit prospective donors and corporate partners to further develop fundraising opportunities.
- Maintain accountability for the operations and fiscal integrity of the organization within policies set by the Board of Directors.
- Manage general organizational administration.
- Recruit and oversee all UWBCA staff and volunteers, providing training and feedback.
- Ensure that UWBCA meets the membership requirements as established by the United Way Worldwide.
QUALIFICATIONS AND PRIOR EXPERIENCE REQUIRED:
- Bachelor’s degree in business, finance, social sciences, or related field.
- At least three years of experience in non-profit work.
- Fundraising experience, including donor relations, grant writing, and event planning.
- Experience in managing budgets.
- Leadership and organizational development experience.
- Significant experience working with diverse stakeholders within the community.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES REQURED:
- Strong communication, organizational and leadership skills.
- Ability to supervise and motivate employees.
- Demonstrated ability to work as an effective team member and team leader
- Significant travel is expected within the Brown County area, within the State, and occasional travel nationwide. Valid driver’s license, car insurance and vehicle required.
- A mileage allowance consistent with the current IRS mileage allowance will be given for work related travel outside the City of New Ulm
- This position is a full-time, salaried position.
- Work hours may require late afternoon, early morning and evening meeting times and appointments.
Interested candidates, please submit a cover letter and resume to email@example.com.
United Way of the Brown County Area PO Box 476 New Ulm, MN 56073